Michael finished his bachelor's degree in Software & Information Engineering in 2012, and finished his master's degree in Software Engineering & Internet Computing in 2015. He is currently a project assistant and pursuing his PhD at the Distributed Systems Group (Institute of Information Systems, Vienna University of Technology) and involved in the CREMA - Cloud-based Rapid Elastic Manufacturing project.
- Cloud Computing
- Cloud Manufacturing
- Resource Optimization
- Machine Learning
- CREMA - Cloud-based Rapid Elastic Manufacturing
- Christian Schubert (Master's Thesis)
- Roland Doppler (Master's Thesis)
- M. Borkowski, S. Schulte, C. Hochreiner. Predicting Cloud Resource Utilization. 9th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing (UCC 2016), Shanghai, China, 2016, pp. 37-42.
- O. Skarlat, S. Schulte, M. Borkowski, P. Leitner. Resource Provisioning for IoT Services in the Fog. 9th IEEE International Conference on Service Oriented Computing and Applications (SOCA 2016), Macau, China, 2016, pp. 32-39.
- M. Borkowski, O. Skarlat, S. Schulte, S. Dustdar. Prediction-Based Prefetch Scheduling in Mobile Service Applications. 5th IEEE International Conference on Mobile Services (MS 2016), San Francisco, CA, 2016, pp. 41-48.
- C. Hochreiner, P. Waibel, M. Borkowski. Bridging Gaps in Cloud Manufacturing with 3D Printing. Proceedings of Informatik 2016, volume 259 of Lecture Notes in Informatics, pp. 1623-1626.
- O. Skarlat, M. Borkowski, S. Schulte. Towards a Methodology and Instrumentation Toolset for Cloud Manufacturing. CPPS Workshop (CPS Week 2016), Vienna, Austria, 2016, pp. 1-4.
- S. Schulte, M. Borkowski, C. Hochreiner, M. Klusch, A. Murguzur, O. Skarlat, P. Waibel. Bringing Cloud-based Rapid Elastic Manufacturing to Reality with CREMA. Workshop on Intelligent Systems Configuration Services for Flexible Dynamic Global Production Networks (FLEXINET) at the 8th International Conference on Interoperability for Enterprise Systems and Applications (I-ESA 2016), pp. 407-413.
- M. Borkowski. Smart Prefetching for Mobile Users under Volatile Network Conditions. Diploma Thesis, Technische Universität Wien. August 2015.
- M. Borkowski. ACTA in a Nutshell: Das Handelsabkommen ACTA in seinen wichtigsten Zügen. Bachelor Thesis, Technische Universität Wien. July 2012.