Michael finished his bachelor's degree in Software & Information Engineering in 2012, and finished his master's degree in Software Engineering & Internet Computing in 2015. He is currently a project assistant and pursuing his PhD at the Distributed Systems Group (Institute of Information Systems Engineering, Vienna University of Technology) and is involved in the TAST - Token Atomic Swap Technology project.
- Cloud Computing
- Cloud Manufacturing
- Resource Optimization
- Machine Learning
- Blockchain Technologies
- TAST - Token Atomic Swap Technology
- CREMA - Cloud-based Rapid Elastic Manufacturing (finished)
- SIMPLI-CITY - The Road User Information System of the Future (finished)
- Sabine Weninger: Data Prefetching in Smart Systems, Bachelor's Thesis, Technische Universität Wien, April 2018.
- Christian Schubert: Trustworthy Measurement and Arbitration of Service Level Agreements in the Cloud, Diploma Thesis, Technische Universität Wien, January 2018.
- M. Borkowski, W. Fdhila, M. Nardelli, S. Rinderle-Ma, S. Schulte. Event-based Failure Prediction in Distributed Business Processes. Information Systems, Volume nn, Number n, n-nn (accepted for publication), Elsevier, 2017.
- O. Skarlat, M. Nardelli, S. Schulte, M. Borkowski, P. Leitner. Optimized IoT Service Placement in the Fog. Service Oriented Computing and Applications, Volume 11, Issue 4, pp. 427-443, Springer, 2017.
- S. Weninger, M. Borkowski. Data Prefetching in Smart Systems. 22nd IEEE International Enterprise Distributed Object Computing Conference (EDOC 2018), Stockholm, Sweden, 2018, pp. nn-nn (Demo paper, accepted for publication).
- C. Schubert, M. Borkowski, S. Schulte. Trustworthy Detection and Arbitration of SLA Violations in the Cloud. 7th European Conference on Service-Oriented and Cloud Computing (ESOCC 2018), Como, Italy, 2018, pp. nn-nn (accepted for publication).
- P. Waibel, S. Videnov, M. Borkowski, C. Hochreiner, S. Schulte, J. Mendling. Process Simulation for Machine Reservation in Cloud Manufacturing. 16th IEEE International Conference on Industrial Informatics (INDIN 2018), Porto, Portugal, 2018, pp. nn-nn (accepted for publication).
- M. Borkowski, C. Hochreiner, S. Schulte. Moderated Resource Elasticity for Stream Processing Applications. Euro-Par 2017: Parallel Processing Workshops, Santiago de Compostela, Spain, 2017, pp. 5-16, LNCS volume 10659.
- M. Borkowski, S. Schulte, C. Hochreiner. Predicting Cloud Resource Utilization. 9th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing (UCC 2016), Shanghai, China, 2016, pp. 37-42.
- O. Skarlat, S. Schulte, M. Borkowski, P. Leitner. Resource Provisioning for IoT Services in the Fog. 9th IEEE International Conference on Service Oriented Computing and Applications (SOCA 2016), Macau, China, 2016, pp. 32-39.
- M. Borkowski, O. Skarlat, S. Schulte, S. Dustdar. Prediction-Based Prefetch Scheduling in Mobile Service Applications. 5th IEEE International Conference on Mobile Services (MS 2016), San Francisco, CA, 2016, pp. 41-48.
- C. Hochreiner, P. Waibel, M. Borkowski. Bridging Gaps in Cloud Manufacturing with 3D Printing. Proceedings of Informatik 2016, volume 259 of Lecture Notes in Informatics, pp. 1623-1626.
- O. Skarlat, M. Borkowski, S. Schulte. Towards a Methodology and Instrumentation Toolset for Cloud Manufacturing. CPPS Workshop (CPS Week 2016), Vienna, Austria, 2016, pp. 1-4.
- S. Schulte, M. Borkowski, C. Hochreiner, M. Klusch, A. Murguzur, O. Skarlat, P. Waibel. Bringing Cloud-based Rapid Elastic Manufacturing to Reality with CREMA. Workshop on Intelligent Systems Configuration Services for Flexible Dynamic Global Production Networks (FLEXINET) at the 8th International Conference on Interoperability for Enterprise Systems and Applications (I-ESA 2016), pp. 407-413.
- M. Borkowski. Smart Prefetching for Mobile Users under Volatile Network Conditions. Diploma Thesis, Technische Universität Wien. August 2015.
- M. Borkowski. ACTA in a Nutshell: Das Handelsabkommen ACTA in seinen wichtigsten Zügen. Bachelor's Thesis, Technische Universität Wien. July 2012.
White Paper (Unrefereed)
- M. Borkowski, D. McDonald, C. Ritzer, S. Schulte. Towards Atomic Cross-Chain Token Transfers: State of the Art and Open Questions within TAST. White Paper, Technische Universität Wien. May 2018.