Rostyslav is a PhD student of the Vienna PhD School of Informatics. He currently works at the Distributed Systems Group, Institute of Information Systems, Vienna University of Technology.
He studied Information Control Systems and Technologies at the National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Cloud Computing
- Service-oriented Architecture
- Application Performance Monitoring
- Human-Provided Services (HPS)
- Games with a Purpose
- JCloudScale – Java-based framework for building transparently scaling cloud applications.
- SIMPLI-CITY – The Road User Information System of the Future.
- Rostyslav Zabolotnyi, Philipp Leitner, Waldemar Hummer, Schahram Dustdar "JCloudScale: Closing the Gap Between IaaS and PaaS" , ACM Transactions on Internet Technology (TOIT), vol. 15, issue 3, © ACM, 2015
- Vitaliy Liptchinsky, Benjamin Satzger, Rostyslav Zabolotnyi, Schahram Dustdar "Expressive Languages for Selecting Groups from Graph-Structured Data" , 22d International World Wide Web Conference, Springer, 2013
- Rostyslav Zabolotnyi, Philipp Leitner, Schahram Dustdar "Dynamic Program Code Distribution in Infrastructure-as-a-Service Clouds" , 5th International Workshop on Principles of Engineering Service-Oriented Systems (PESOS), co-located with ICSE, 2013
- Philipp Leitner, Rostyslav Zabolotnyi, Alessio Gambi, Schahram Dustdar "A Framework and Middleware for Application-Level Cloud Bursting on Top of Infrastructure-as-a-Service Clouds" , 6th IEEE/ACM Utility and Cloud Computing Conference (UCC), 2013
- Rostyslav Zabolotnyi, Philipp Leitner, Schahram Dustdar "Profiling-Based Task Scheduling for Factory-Worker Applications in Infrastructure-as-a-Service Clouds" , 40th Euromicro Conference on Software Engineering and Advanced Applications (SEAA), 2014
- Rostyslav Zabolotnyi, Philipp Leitner, Stefan Schulte, Schahram Dustdar "SPEEDL – A Declarative Event-Based Language for Cloud Scaling Definition" ,The Future of Software Engineering FOR and IN Cloud visionary track of The IEEE SERVICES 2015
- Georgia Fragkiadaki, Petro Kazmirchuk, Nattakarn Phaphoom, Ourania Smyrnaki, Rostyslav Zabolotnyi "Wireless technologies in datacenter management", Short Papers from the 6th Advanced Summer School on Service Oriented Computing (SummerSOC '12), Report Number: RC25348, Date of Report: January 27, 2013
- Muhammad Z.C. Candra, Rostyslav Zabolotnyi, Hong-Linh Truong, Schahram Dustdar, "Virtualizing Software and Human for Elastic Hybrid Services" in Web Services Handbook, © Springer-Verlag, 2013.
- Benjamin Satzger, Rostyslav Zabolotnyi, Schahram Dustdar, Martin Gaedke, Stefan Wild, Steffen Goebel, Tobias Nestler, "Toward Collaborative Software Engineering Leveraging the Crowd", in Economics-Driven Software Architecture © Elsevier, 2014
- Rostyslav Zabolotnyi, Philipp Leitner, Schahram Dustdar "Building Elastic Java Applications in the Cloud: A Middleware Framework" in Handbook of Research on Architectural Trends in Service-Driven Computing, Volume II, © IGI Global, 2014
- Rostyslav Zabolotnyi, Hong-Linh Truong, Schahram Dustdar Intelligent Request Routing in Clouds of Hybrid Services (6th Advanced School on Service Oriented Computing, 2012)
- Alessio Gambi, Rostyslav Zabolotnyi, Schahram Dustdar Improving Cloud-based Continuous Integration Environments International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE) 2015